The Greenspeed GTO Touring Trike
is designed for touring, and has been made so that it will pack
down into two suit cases for aircraft, train or coach travel.
There will also be a fair amount of room in these cases for
clothes, etc.. More stuff can be packed into pannier bags, which
can be taken on board an aircraft as cabin luggage.
Note that these photos show the
2000-2003 model GTO, later models have different steering and
Click on photos for larger
1. Remove all parts from suitcases or box, and
unwrap all parts.
1536 x 806 - 161 KB
Tools required:- 8" Cresent,
6mm Allen Key ("T" or short), Flex Head Allen Key -
4,5,6,& 8mm, 17mm or 11/16" Socket Wrench, Long S&S
Wrench. Note:- Socket Wrench not required for 2002 on models,
which have axle cap screws instead of nuts.
2. Untangle handle bars from front cross member
(may need to remove brake caliper)
3. Mate rear section to front section.
4. Tighten S&S Bicycle Torque Coupling- tight!
5. Fit front wheels – loosen both caliper screws
and remove front, shorter screw, to swing caliper clear of disc
– note must have axle spacer on axle between kingpin and axle.
Tighten axle nuts (M10 – 17mm socket wrench) and caliper screws
(M6 – 5mm Allen key).
6. Fit rear wheel and tighten axle nuts –15mm –
S&S coupling wrench.
7. Connect rear cables. Screw the
two cable joiners together. Thread black and yellow gear chain
pulley assembly over toggle chain, and press it onto rear axle
nut. Make sure the toggle chain is screwed into the axle as far as
it will go, and then undo until it lines up with the cable. Turn
the pulley assembly so that the pulley supports the chain. Put the
three speed shifter into position 3, and push the end of the
toggle chain into the black cable connector, so that it just takes
all the slack out of the cable. Note that the 3 speed and the rear
derailleur cables cross over between the handle bars and the
8. Fit the Seat. Put cap screw through main tube,
at front, and two cap screws through rear seat brace, into seat
stays. Tighten rear M8 cap screws with 6mm "T" handle or
short 6mm Allen key.
9. Tighten front M8 cap screw with
6mm Allen key
10. Fit the front boom with cranks.
11. Adjust boom for leg length. The heel should just
touch the pedal with both the leg and crank fully extended. Align
the boom with the derailleur post vertical. Fit and tighten the two
M6 x 25 boom cap screws.
12. Thread the chain through front derailleur, down
through the chain guide tube, and then under the chain guide pulley,
around the cluster, and through rear derailleur.
13. Pass other end of chain through
lower chain guide tube, and join the ends together with the SRAM
Power Link. Lift the chain onto the front chain ring.
14. Connect the front derailleur
15. Fit rear rack, mudguard and mirror. Rack is
attached by 4 M5 caps screws, mudguard by clips, and the mirror
mounting screws onto the top of the kingpin.
16. Road test to check leg length adjustment, gears,
17. Check tightness of S&S
coupling with wrench before each ride.